This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Launch of ARM DS 2023.0 hangs at "Checking existing product setup..." in Product Setup dialog

I have a new installation of ARM Development Studio 2023.0. I haven't gotten to the point of requesting a 30-day evaluation license. Immediately when launching the program, the product hangs with the following dialog:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Parents
  • Hi Ronan!

Rehosting was successful! That said, I'd like to get the Java NULL pointer bug addressed and remedied on my machine. In order to use DS and be able to run "Help:Arm License Manager...", I must rename "C:\FlexLM\license.dat" to something else. Otherwise, it will crash. My fear is that DS will "run" without a license for many operations, but there are a few (eg. attaching to a remote debugger) that WILL trigger a license manager query. Thank you again for all of your help.

-- Ken Crocker

• Hi Ronan!

Rehosting was successful! That said, I'd like to get the Java NULL pointer bug addressed and remedied on my machine. In order to use DS and be able to run "Help:Arm License Manager...", I must rename "C:\FlexLM\license.dat" to something else. Otherwise, it will crash. My fear is that DS will "run" without a license for many operations, but there are a few (eg. attaching to a remote debugger) that WILL trigger a license manager query. Thank you again for all of your help.

-- Ken Crocker

Children