This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Launch of ARM DS 2023.0 hangs at "Checking existing product setup..." in Product Setup dialog

I have a new installation of ARM Development Studio 2023.0. I haven't gotten to the point of requesting a 30-day evaluation license. Immediately when launching the program, the product hangs with the following dialog:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Parents
  • Hi Ronan! This is a little O.T. but do you know if one can install and run ARM DS 2023.0 for Linux within WSL? Failing that, do you know if anyone has successfully run a Linux toolchain within WSL from outside of WSL using ARM DS 2023.0 for Windows? In either case, references to videos or white papers would be greatly appreciated! The problem I have is that, while I have ARM DS 2023.0 for Windows compiling programs, I can't remote debug them b/c I can't get the same tool chain installed on the target that is installed on ARM DS 2023.0 for Windows. I have access to a Linux guru and he has said that we can't get there from here. Here's a link to the tool chain we'd like to use: https://support.criticallink.com/redmine/attachments/download/27164/poky-glibc-x86_64-mitysom-image-base-cortexa9hf-neon-toolchain-2.4.4.sh  This runs fine under WSL / Ubuntu or native Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for your answer!!

• Hi Ronan! This is a little O.T. but do you know if one can install and run ARM DS 2023.0 for Linux within WSL? Failing that, do you know if anyone has successfully run a Linux toolchain within WSL from outside of WSL using ARM DS 2023.0 for Windows? In either case, references to videos or white papers would be greatly appreciated! The problem I have is that, while I have ARM DS 2023.0 for Windows compiling programs, I can't remote debug them b/c I can't get the same tool chain installed on the target that is installed on ARM DS 2023.0 for Windows. I have access to a Linux guru and he has said that we can't get there from here. Here's a link to the tool chain we'd like to use: https://support.criticallink.com/redmine/attachments/download/27164/poky-glibc-x86_64-mitysom-image-base-cortexa9hf-neon-toolchain-2.4.4.sh  This runs fine under WSL / Ubuntu or native Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for your answer!!

Children