This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tiled rendering: origin of tiles coordinates

Hi!

I have a question about tiled-rendering.

Wiki says, "Tiled rendering is the process of subdividing (or tiling) a computer graphics image by a regular grid".

As I understand android window is dividing by a grid.

Where is a origin of this grid? (lower left, upper left side, etc...)

If It's depend's on gpu, or driver version how can I actually check this on Android system. May be it depends on Android version?

Thanks for you help!

Parents
  • Hi Igor,

Mali is indeed a tile based GPU. The majority of our GPUs work on a 16x16 pixel tile grid.

Regarding your question about "Android Window", I do not understand what you mean by this, and how it relates to tiled architecture GPUs such as Mali. Could you elaborate?

Also can you explain why you need to know the "origin of the grid" and how this relates to what you are doing?

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi Igor,

Mali is indeed a tile based GPU. The majority of our GPUs work on a 16x16 pixel tile grid.

Regarding your question about "Android Window", I do not understand what you mean by this, and how it relates to tiled architecture GPUs such as Mali. Could you elaborate?

Also can you explain why you need to know the "origin of the grid" and how this relates to what you are doing?

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children