This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I change the path to MSBuild in System Canvas?

Hello, All,

I recently installed Fast Models (Windows 10). I am trying to run the 'hello world' project from GitHub (github.com/.../hello-world_fast-models) for the Cortex-M3. When I try to build it in System Canvas, I receive a log output that ends with the following lines:

<begin log content>

Launching MSBUILD ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe"  /nologo .\Win64-Debug-VC2017\m0_cadi_system_Win64-Debug-VC2017.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug  /p:Platform=x64 )
Build process failed!
Information (Model Build) Model Build process terminated with error.

<end log content>

In the log, the path to MSBuild.exe passes through the "Professional" folder. But in the installation path on my machine, that folder is replaced with "Enterprise".

I tried closing System Canvas and using the following at the Windows command prompt:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" amd64

But I got the same log readout in System Canvas. Is there a way that I can change the path that System Canvas uses to find MSBuild? Or maybe that's not actually my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Parents
  • the vcvarsall.bat script should set the path correctly.  please try: call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" amd64 from the command line.  Note that we do not officially support the Enterprise version of VS 2017.  We only validate the tools with VS 2017 Professional.  We expect that it will work OK, but can't offer support if it doesn't.

• the vcvarsall.bat script should set the path correctly.  please try: call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsall.bat" amd64 from the command line.  Note that we do not officially support the Enterprise version of VS 2017.  We only validate the tools with VS 2017 Professional.  We expect that it will work OK, but can't offer support if it doesn't.

Children