This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Network examples for Infineon XMC4700 not compiling

I'm using the development board 'Infineon Relax Kit' for the microcontroller XMC4700, the Keil version is 5.35 with a mdk_Pro license.

There are three network examples in the pack installer using the MDK-Professional Middleware (FTP Server, HTTP Server and Telnet server), none of them compiles by default.

Th error is always the same: ".\Objects\HTTP_Server.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol Driver_ETH_PHY0 (referred from net_config.o)."

I've tried updating the all the obsolete components, adding the ETH_MAC and ETH_PHY components from the XMCLib Device, and defining the symbol XMC_ETH_PHY_KSZ8081RNB but with the same results.

How can I get to compile these examples?

There are other examples that use the MDK-Professional Middleware network interface that at least compile?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Solved by ARM:

"the issue is, the ETH_PHY_KSZ8081.c does not include the "RTE_Components.h" to know, that this driver is enabled. And because of this:

#if defined(RTE_Drivers_PHY_KSZ8081)
    #endif

the content of the file is not included in the output. A simple workaround is to add in Options for Target ... -> C/C++ -> Misc Controls the following:

--preinclude=RTE_Components.h

But I will also report this as a bug to the development, that the driver is missing to include the "RTE_Components.h".

• Solved by ARM:

"the issue is, the ETH_PHY_KSZ8081.c does not include the "RTE_Components.h" to know, that this driver is enabled. And because of this:

#if defined(RTE_Drivers_PHY_KSZ8081)
    #endif

the content of the file is not included in the output. A simple workaround is to add in Options for Target ... -> C/C++ -> Misc Controls the following:

--preinclude=RTE_Components.h

But I will also report this as a bug to the development, that the driver is missing to include the "RTE_Components.h".

Children
No data