This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pack Installer

I am new to keil software. I just want to know one thing, it is necessary to install files
from pack installer. Can i create the project without selecting any file from software pack
writing my own code using SFR available in microcontroller, i.e. without using any standard
library.

In simple my question "is it compulsory to use software pack while working on keil".

Parents
  • "is it compulsory to use software pack while working on keil"?

No, you can write all the software yourself.

is it necessary to install files from pack installer?

You are free to not use anything from the packs that you install, but you are going to find that it is best to install the packs for the controllers you want to use. They provide the Flash algorithms for loading your executable and usually the .h files you will need to write the stuff yourself. Sometimes the .h files are better from somewhere else or meet your needs better. They may provide drivers that you are free not to use if you do not want. They can be helpful when you are writing your own drivers to more quickly understand how to use the registers. Just because you downloaded the pack does not mean you need to use anything from it.

Can i create the project without selecting any file from software pack
    writing my own code using SFR available in microcontroller, i.e. without using any standard
    library.

Yes

• "is it compulsory to use software pack while working on keil"?

No, you can write all the software yourself.

is it necessary to install files from pack installer?

You are free to not use anything from the packs that you install, but you are going to find that it is best to install the packs for the controllers you want to use. They provide the Flash algorithms for loading your executable and usually the .h files you will need to write the stuff yourself. Sometimes the .h files are better from somewhere else or meet your needs better. They may provide drivers that you are free not to use if you do not want. They can be helpful when you are writing your own drivers to more quickly understand how to use the registers. Just because you downloaded the pack does not mean you need to use anything from it.

Can i create the project without selecting any file from software pack
    library.

Yes

Children