This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corba ARM

Hello,

I am looking into using Corba Objects for an ARM project that I have.
I am using the Windows Keil compiler (microvision 4) and would like to know if anyone
can give me any advice on using Corba in ARM projects.

thank you

Parents
  • It doesn't matter if you use ARM or some other processor.

And the Keil compiler will handle standard C/C++ code, so it isn't really a deciding factor either.

The main thing to consider, is if you like to use dynamic memory or not - and how you look at the danger of heap fragmentation, given the normally huge difference in the heap size on embedded devices compared to a normal PC.

So instead of asking about CORBA on an ARM, you should spend your time considering CORBA on an embedded device. It's the "embedded" that's the important part.

• It doesn't matter if you use ARM or some other processor.

And the Keil compiler will handle standard C/C++ code, so it isn't really a deciding factor either.

The main thing to consider, is if you like to use dynamic memory or not - and how you look at the danger of heap fragmentation, given the normally huge difference in the heap size on embedded devices compared to a normal PC.

So instead of asking about CORBA on an ARM, you should spend your time considering CORBA on an embedded device. It's the "embedded" that's the important part.

Children
No data