This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IAP Simulation using Keil

Hi All,

I am working with P89CV51RD2. I have written a small custom bootloader code that is erasing a Block.
I dump my code at an address starting from 0xF000. And want to erase block 1.

I want to simulate it using Keil. But problem while debugging is, when I am calling PGM_MTP (which is at the address of 0xFFF0) it showing NOP like.,

C:0xFFF0 00 NOP

I don't whether I can do simulation of IAP using Keil or not?

If I can then how can I found internal boot program that can erase section as per command?

One more thing I also tried to Set ENBOOT bit( using AUXR1 register) but still finding NOP at 0xFFF0H address.

Please guide.

Regards,
Utsavi Bharuchwala

Parents
  • Assume there are many situations where the simulator just isn't going to cut it, and that you need to run code on real hardware, and provide yourself with enough diagnostic output and control that you can experiment.

For chips you can't ICE, use a UART and write a monitor application that you can interact with.

• Assume there are many situations where the simulator just isn't going to cut it, and that you need to run code on real hardware, and provide yourself with enough diagnostic output and control that you can experiment.

For chips you can't ICE, use a UART and write a monitor application that you can interact with.

Children