This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

flash memory read data using my code doesn't match when reading flash using flash magic

I have modified LPC21ISP code to read the flash memory of NXP controllers using serial communication. And i store the data into hex file.

But the hex file data doesnt match with the memory when read using flashmagic tool.

I have done uu-decoding of the data the i receive, before storing it to the hex file.

Also, the uu-encoded string that is transmitted while programming the flash memory, doesnt match with the uu-encoded data that i receive back.

I suspect that the address that i am trying to read the first code byte is wrong (0x0000).

I also tried reading the entire flash and look for pattern match with original hex file. But no pattern match.

If some one can possibly tell me where am i going wrong or where should i check?

PS: serial code, uu-decoding code working fine. uu-decoding code tested with hard coded data, works well.

Parents
  • I have solved the problem. And now my software reads and decoded correctly. Endianess was the problem which has been solved.

But the problem is that the first 512bytes read from flash memory dont match, remaining whole file matches with the original hex file.

• I have solved the problem. And now my software reads and decoded correctly. Endianess was the problem which has been solved.

But the problem is that the first 512bytes read from flash memory dont match, remaining whole file matches with the original hex file.

Children