This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MGD Unity App Fragment Count. Replay Frame, Modify Shader

Hello ARM Community!

Im trying to profile a game using MGD. I used the Adreno already for other GPU and the features im missing on MALI is changing the shader precision  (float, half. fixed) and editing the shader.  I read the PDF and looks like MGD have almost the same functionality as Adreno profiler but;

Fragment Count:

For the fragment it says to turn on Fragment Count, an icon that look like as a Pizza Graphic. That icon is always greyed out, it also say that "Total cycles will only be available for those frames where the fragment count analysis has been requested".

How im suppose to set up that using an Unity App?

Replaying a Frame:

For changing shader precision and editing shader i need to have Frame Replay enable, Frame replay with Capture. Those buttons are always greyed out.

I checked the limitations and still cant get it to work.

Textures and Frame Buffer;

They never load. is that normal?

This is an image that represent my problem

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZnbNH1Q.jpg[/img]

Appreciate any help! 

Parents
  • Hi FranFernandez,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with MGD. You are correct in that all the features you have requested are already part of MGD. So MGD works differently to most other debuggers and profilers out there in that it will actually capture the APIcalls for the whole application instead of just one Frame.

Most profilers you request to capture a single frame's worth of information and then you can look at the framebuffer in detail. MGD does support this mode and to get this information on a Frame you need to do what is called a Frame capture. This is the camera button on the screen.

Texture information will only be displayed if MGD was tracing at the start of the application or in particular when the texture data was uploaded. If you only upload your texture data once at the start of the application and connect MGD after this point it won't be able to recover the information. Please start MGD before starting you application and this issue should go away. The same is true for the Fragment Count feature.

Shader Editing is done by using the Frame Replay functionality and unfortunately there are functions that are not currently supported when using this feature. Please check your Unity app to make sure you are not using any of these unsupported features. We are currently working hard to replace this feature with the ability to replay the whole trace file this should remove the restrictions that are currently in place.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen

• Hi FranFernandez,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with MGD. You are correct in that all the features you have requested are already part of MGD. So MGD works differently to most other debuggers and profilers out there in that it will actually capture the APIcalls for the whole application instead of just one Frame.

Most profilers you request to capture a single frame's worth of information and then you can look at the framebuffer in detail. MGD does support this mode and to get this information on a Frame you need to do what is called a Frame capture. This is the camera button on the screen.

Texture information will only be displayed if MGD was tracing at the start of the application or in particular when the texture data was uploaded. If you only upload your texture data once at the start of the application and connect MGD after this point it won't be able to recover the information. Please start MGD before starting you application and this issue should go away. The same is true for the Fragment Count feature.

Shader Editing is done by using the Frame Replay functionality and unfortunately there are functions that are not currently supported when using this feature. Please check your Unity app to make sure you are not using any of these unsupported features. We are currently working hard to replace this feature with the ability to replay the whole trace file this should remove the restrictions that are currently in place.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen

Children