This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mali OpenCL SDK not found

Hi,

I'm trying to get the 64 bit OpenCL 1.2 libraries onto my Android development board. My goal is to finally use ARM Compute Library with OpenCL on Android. 

I see that since Android 4.x onwards OpenCL support was stopped by Google (probably to promote Renderscript). 

The Mali OpenCL SDK (refered from Khronos website) seems broken.

The Mali SDK Home page has a link for Mali OpenCL SDK which is getting redirected to ARM Compute Library page. 

The ARM Compute Library has suupport for Android and has OpenCL Stubs and asking the user to use the real libOpenCL.so library

My guess is that the Mali OpenCL SDK page is temporarily down for maintainence. 

Could someone help please? 

Where do I find the OpenCL 1.2 SDK? 

How do I (cross) compile the OpenCL 1.2 libraries for Android? 

I don't want to port the Mali OpenCL SDK into Android build system and build from within Android SDK. I'm fine using a standalone Android toolchain to cross-compile the Mali OpenCL SDK and copying the libraries onto my target. 

Thank you.

Regards,

San

Parents
  • I have been chasing the same problem for weeks now for OpenCL1.2 on Linux. Since introduction of Compute Library, Arm took down the Mali opencl1.1 SDK and haven't replaced it with 1.2. I raised a support ticket TAC710361. I was told that I could download the pre-compiled binaries from github " It includes libraries for Android and Linux, libarm_compute.so is under arm_compute-v17.06-bin/lib/. " I finally found the v17.09 version that I'm using, downloaded and extracted the so called binaries relevant to my build but it turns out that these binaries are what looks like merely the stub version compiled under the various build variations of v7 ,v8-64, debug etc. So still no further forward!

I have scoured the sites and the internet over the last three or four weeks and found no sign of OpenCL 1.2 for Mali Midgard GPUs. I don't believe it exists!

I've been looking at Samsung website for exynos driver support (Their processor system is used on Odroid XU4) and I've looked at Hardkrenels' webiste looking for drivers and guess what! They have the same Mali OpenCL SDK link which only points to a  non existent page

Is there an answer to this?

Regards

Dave

• I have been chasing the same problem for weeks now for OpenCL1.2 on Linux. Since introduction of Compute Library, Arm took down the Mali opencl1.1 SDK and haven't replaced it with 1.2. I raised a support ticket TAC710361. I was told that I could download the pre-compiled binaries from github " It includes libraries for Android and Linux, libarm_compute.so is under arm_compute-v17.06-bin/lib/. " I finally found the v17.09 version that I'm using, downloaded and extracted the so called binaries relevant to my build but it turns out that these binaries are what looks like merely the stub version compiled under the various build variations of v7 ,v8-64, debug etc. So still no further forward!

I have scoured the sites and the internet over the last three or four weeks and found no sign of OpenCL 1.2 for Mali Midgard GPUs. I don't believe it exists!

I've been looking at Samsung website for exynos driver support (Their processor system is used on Odroid XU4) and I've looked at Hardkrenels' webiste looking for drivers and guess what! They have the same Mali OpenCL SDK link which only points to a  non existent page

Is there an answer to this?

Regards

Dave

Children