This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there any Mali-V61/Mali-V550 board out there?

Hi ARM Community !

I have worked on media (LIVE/VOD) transcoding system for 5 years , include software based (x264, x265, ffmpeg) , hardware based (Intel Quicksync, NVIDIA NVENC) .

Currently I'm interested in building a transcoding system based on ARM. I have a couple of Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and i.MX6DL board to work on and really impressed with the power efficiency/ low cost they are. However they're still lack of performance I'm looking for, and that's why the Mali-V61/Mali-V550 get me interested.

So my question is simple, is there any Mali-V61/Mali-V550 full function board out there? I know the Mali-V61 just announced recently but the Mali-V550 is our for a while. If there're no manufacture that produce such board, is there any alternative board that have SOC more powerful than the chip on Raspberry Pi 3 model B/i.MX6DL and suit my need ? (they must be able to do hardware transcoding , and support H265 is a plus)

Thanks guys

Parents
  • I am not aware of any board with V61/V550.

However I've been working on transcoding lately on the odroid xu4. It doesn't have H265 support (although it's powerful enough to decode it in software, even 1080p).

You can say it can do hw transcoding right now - it's got decoder & encoder support in gstreamer -- but there is not a lot of software that supports gstreamer.

I've been trying to add support to ffmpeg as well - although for now only the encoder works reliably (i still have some small issues with the decoder implementation) - e.g. I have Emby server (that uses ffmpeg) doing transcoding with software decoding & hw encoding.

I think rockchip boards also have gstreamer support (decoding) and I think ffmpeg too (decoding). Don't think they have encoder support... A nice little board (ROCK64, by the makers of Pine64) was just announced based on RK3328 - quad core A53, 4GB RAM, H265. But like i said, i think only decoder support.

• I am not aware of any board with V61/V550.

However I've been working on transcoding lately on the odroid xu4. It doesn't have H265 support (although it's powerful enough to decode it in software, even 1080p).

You can say it can do hw transcoding right now - it's got decoder & encoder support in gstreamer -- but there is not a lot of software that supports gstreamer.

I've been trying to add support to ffmpeg as well - although for now only the encoder works reliably (i still have some small issues with the decoder implementation) - e.g. I have Emby server (that uses ffmpeg) doing transcoding with software decoding & hw encoding.

I think rockchip boards also have gstreamer support (decoding) and I think ffmpeg too (decoding). Don't think they have encoder support... A nice little board (ROCK64, by the makers of Pine64) was just announced based on RK3328 - quad core A53, 4GB RAM, H265. But like i said, i think only decoder support.

Children