This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Different between Mali OpenCL SDK and OpenCL inside OpenCV

Hi everyone,
Do you know what is different between Mali OpenCL SDK and OpenCL in OpenCV library. I see that in Mali OpenCL SDK has some detail sample code about how to create Memory buffer, get input data, setup argument... But in OpenCL inside OpenCV library, I only need change from Mat to UMAT to have OpenCL code run on GPU? and it seems any OpenCL code hidden under API? How can I change OpenCL code by my application?

Parents
  • OpenCV can use OpenCL to implement GPU acceleration (it might not - it could use the CPU, a DSP, etc, in other implementations). If an application is using OpenCV then it cannot change the OpenCL code used by the OpenCV library; that is purely an internal implementation choice of the OpenCV library implementation which is invisible to the applications built on top of it.

If you need custom kernels which your OpenCV implementation doesnt support then your application will need to use OpenCL directly.

HTH,
    Pete

• OpenCV can use OpenCL to implement GPU acceleration (it might not - it could use the CPU, a DSP, etc, in other implementations). If an application is using OpenCV then it cannot change the OpenCL code used by the OpenCV library; that is purely an internal implementation choice of the OpenCV library implementation which is invisible to the applications built on top of it.

If you need custom kernels which your OpenCV implementation doesnt support then your application will need to use OpenCL directly.

HTH,
    Pete

Children