This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Mali 400 performance analysis using the DS-5 Streamline

Dear ARM forum,

I am using the  DS-5 Streamline to analyze my application performance on ARM MALI 400.

I am seeing that,   GPU vertext processor activity for 3 milliseconds followed by a in-active period of 13 milliseconds then followed by 34 milliseconds GPU pixel proessor activity.

Questions:

1.  I am trying to under stand , why there a so much of in-active period? How can I analyze this period for the performance impact?

2. Streamline has provided many performance measuring events, but there is a very poor documentation on , what is this event capturing and how to make use of it for GPU            
     performance analysis?

3. I want to measure the GPU  Vertex processor  performance in - How many triangles it is processing in one frame, how much time it consumed for that.

GPU  Pixel processor  performance in - How many pixels processed in one frame,how much time it consumed for that.

4. Is there a document to discuss on analyzing all the events for performance analysis.

Thanks,

Ravinder Are

Parents
  • Hi Ravinder,

Can I please get more information from you in order to help.

Which device are you testing this on? What version of the driver? What version of DS-5? What OS is running and what version?

In addition, are you able to export and update the streamline capture so I can inspect it to see if there is something obvious happening?

Are you seeing similar length of inactivity on other devices, whether mali based or not?

Regarding documentation, I agree there is a lot of room for improvement. I can only say that this tool primarily targets silicon partners and OEMs. For developers, this tool is trickier to use due to some assumed knowledge and access to sources. However we are always continually improving our tools and documentation to make them more accessible to everyone.

To answer your other questions in more detail, I will first need the above questions answered.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi Ravinder,

Can I please get more information from you in order to help.

Which device are you testing this on? What version of the driver? What version of DS-5? What OS is running and what version?

In addition, are you able to export and update the streamline capture so I can inspect it to see if there is something obvious happening?

Are you seeing similar length of inactivity on other devices, whether mali based or not?

Regarding documentation, I agree there is a lot of room for improvement. I can only say that this tool primarily targets silicon partners and OEMs. For developers, this tool is trickier to use due to some assumed knowledge and access to sources. However we are always continually improving our tools and documentation to make them more accessible to everyone.

To answer your other questions in more detail, I will first need the above questions answered.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children