This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to program using GPU?

Hello Nice to meet you

Please understand my bad english

To learn to program using GPU, I have been searching informations.

My device for test is Galaxy S6 and GPU is ARM Mali T-760.

I'm going to try to use GPU for computer vision.

To set up environment, Should I use Mali-OpenCL-SDK?

Please teach me

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hi iostream,

That is a very open ended vague question. It is difficult to help without knowing what exactly you need help with. I will try explain some things to help though.

The Mali-T760 GPU in your device is capable of OpenGL ES 3.1 with AEP, including compute shaders, as well as OpenCL 1.1 Full Profile.

You mentioned Computer Vision, which is a vast topic... is there something specific you need help with? Or are you simply having problems getting your algorithm running on the mentioned device?

Although the GPU supports OpenCL, it is not exposed to the user by Android in the S6. As such if you are targetting OpenCL, you will either have to root the device and create a symlink for libOpenCL.so or link directly to our libGLES_mali.so.

The Mali OpenCL SDK is simply a collection of tutorials and sample code to help teach developers OpenCL code and its optimal use with Mali. It is not a Driver Kit designed to setup a device ready for use with OpenCL.

I hope that helps, if you have any further specific questions, please feel free to ask them.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi iostream,

That is a very open ended vague question. It is difficult to help without knowing what exactly you need help with. I will try explain some things to help though.

The Mali-T760 GPU in your device is capable of OpenGL ES 3.1 with AEP, including compute shaders, as well as OpenCL 1.1 Full Profile.

You mentioned Computer Vision, which is a vast topic... is there something specific you need help with? Or are you simply having problems getting your algorithm running on the mentioned device?

Although the GPU supports OpenCL, it is not exposed to the user by Android in the S6. As such if you are targetting OpenCL, you will either have to root the device and create a symlink for libOpenCL.so or link directly to our libGLES_mali.so.

The Mali OpenCL SDK is simply a collection of tutorials and sample code to help teach developers OpenCL code and its optimal use with Mali. It is not a Driver Kit designed to setup a device ready for use with OpenCL.

I hope that helps, if you have any further specific questions, please feel free to ask them.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children