This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to program using GPU?

Hello Nice to meet you

Please understand my bad english

To learn to program using GPU, I have been searching informations.

My device for test is Galaxy S6 and GPU is ARM Mali T-760.

I'm going to try to use GPU for computer vision.

To set up environment, Should I use Mali-OpenCL-SDK?

Please teach me

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hi cut,

I do not fully understand your question so it will be difficult to try help you.

Here is some general information however that may help you understand the process.

All ARM Mali GPU's have support for the OpenGL ES API in order to access the GPU hardware and get it to do something, usually graphical in nature.

The Utgard family of GPUs support up to and including OpenGL ES 2.0, whereas the Midgard family of GPUs support up to and including OpenGL ES 3.1 with Android Extension Pack (AEP) support, as well as Compute APIs such as OpenCL 1.1 Full Profile and RenderScript Compute. The Midgard family of GPUs is denoted by a 'T' in their name. e.g. Mali-T760 is Midgard whereas Mali-400 is Utgard.

Depending on what type of work you wish to send to the GPU, and which GPU you are targetting, you should target the appropriate API.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi cut,

I do not fully understand your question so it will be difficult to try help you.

Here is some general information however that may help you understand the process.

All ARM Mali GPU's have support for the OpenGL ES API in order to access the GPU hardware and get it to do something, usually graphical in nature.

The Utgard family of GPUs support up to and including OpenGL ES 2.0, whereas the Midgard family of GPUs support up to and including OpenGL ES 3.1 with Android Extension Pack (AEP) support, as well as Compute APIs such as OpenCL 1.1 Full Profile and RenderScript Compute. The Midgard family of GPUs is denoted by a 'T' in their name. e.g. Mali-T760 is Midgard whereas Mali-400 is Utgard.

Depending on what type of work you wish to send to the GPU, and which GPU you are targetting, you should target the appropriate API.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children
No data