This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rendering using OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 in a zero copy mode on MALI T628

Hi

I am looking for example / articles on how to perform updates to an Open GL ES texture (without using low Performing glTexSubImage2D approach) in a zero copy approach.

I am currently focused on odroid XU3 with MALI  T628 running ubuntu.

I studied and tried eglcreateImageKHR approach without success (I cannot create an eglImage: error EGL_BAD_PARAMETER is returned when using EGL_NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHRas a target).

I read that MALI driver has support for UMP data transfer, but I still need a reference to the inner buffer in a openGL ES texture.

Any help needed

Andrea

Parents
  • Hi andrea.varesio,

A colleague has pointed me to this thread: How to share texture memory between CPU/GPU for firefly's/rk3288 fbdev Mali-T764

The required parts needed is currently not available in the driver version r5pX, but should be available to you in the next release.

Please note that when we release new drivers, there may be a delay before our partners decide to update their BSPs such as HardKernel in your example, and this is out of our control. As such I am unable to give you an accurate estimate on how long it would take before the update is available to you.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi andrea.varesio,

A colleague has pointed me to this thread: How to share texture memory between CPU/GPU for firefly's/rk3288 fbdev Mali-T764

The required parts needed is currently not available in the driver version r5pX, but should be available to you in the next release.

Please note that when we release new drivers, there may be a delay before our partners decide to update their BSPs such as HardKernel in your example, and this is out of our control. As such I am unable to give you an accurate estimate on how long it would take before the update is available to you.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children