This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Rendering using OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 in a zero copy mode on MALI T628

Hi

I am looking for example / articles on how to perform updates to an Open GL ES texture (without using low Performing glTexSubImage2D approach) in a zero copy approach.

I am currently focused on odroid XU3 with MALI  T628 running ubuntu.

I studied and tried eglcreateImageKHR approach without success (I cannot create an eglImage: error EGL_BAD_PARAMETER is returned when using EGL_NATIVE_PIXMAP_KHRas a target).

I read that MALI driver has support for UMP data transfer, but I still need a reference to the inner buffer in a openGL ES texture.

Any help needed

Andrea

Parents
  • Hi andrea.varesio,

Regarding your sample code, thank you for providing that. I have created a ticket so we can begin investigating further. I cannot give you an ETA however, but will try to update you periodically on the progress.

Regarding your source code question, although the kernel side component of the Mali driver is open source and under GPL, the user space side is not, and proprietary. As such, the source code is not accessible to anyone without legal contracts in place.

Typically this is a standard procedure for our licensees and partners. If you are one of those, I would advise going through the proper ARM channels to secure the source code.

However if you are not, and still would like access, we can begin talks regarding costs and licensing with the appropriate people.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

• Hi andrea.varesio,

Regarding your sample code, thank you for providing that. I have created a ticket so we can begin investigating further. I cannot give you an ETA however, but will try to update you periodically on the progress.

Regarding your source code question, although the kernel side component of the Mali driver is open source and under GPL, the user space side is not, and proprietary. As such, the source code is not accessible to anyone without legal contracts in place.

Typically this is a standard procedure for our licensees and partners. If you are one of those, I would advise going through the proper ARM channels to secure the source code.

However if you are not, and still would like access, we can begin talks regarding costs and licensing with the appropriate people.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Michael McGeagh

Children