This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MALI-400 Driver Support Issue

Note: This was originally posted on 25th September 2012 at http://forums.arm.com

Hi,
I am working on Galaxy S3, Exynos quad-core, [font=sans-serif]1.4 GHz quad-core [/font]Cortex-A9 with MALI-400 MP.
The device is using Android Jelly Bean. Linux/arm version is Linux/arm 3.0.31 Kernel.
While using profiling (streamline) in DS-5, GPU snippets are not showing.
"Chart configuration is incompatible with this configuration is showing when GPU counters are selected.
Before that, I built gator.ko and gatord and copied them into same directory in target.
Using DS-5, I can get CPU performance counters but not GPU counters.
I even generated gator.ko with "GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT=MALI-400".
Can anyone kindly guide me about where are we missing something.
[size=2]Thanks a lot.[/size]
Yasir.

Parents
  • Note: This was originally posted on 26th September 2012 at http://forums.arm.com

Hi Yasir, welcome to the forum!

You may have a typo in your definition of GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT.  This should be set to 'MALI_400' (not MALI-400).  The rest looks ok.

We only currently have gator working for Mali under ICS.  We've not yet tried Jellybean but there's no reason I can think of that would prevent this from working too.

Give this a go and let us know how you get on...

Many thanks,
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I am sorry for the typo. It was actually MALI_400.
    Still for GPUs, we are getting "Chart configuration is incompatible with this capture".
    The reason of this issue is "missing source data".
    Also, I have another question.
    While building gator.ko, I provided the location of MALI drivers.
    In that location, do I have to build mali.ko also? If yes, then there must be files related to pegasus-m400 architecture which are not available there as I think our GPU may be using pegasus-m400 architecture?

Thanks again..
    With best regards,
    Yasir.
  • Note: This was originally posted on 26th September 2012 at http://forums.arm.com

Hi Yasir, welcome to the forum!

You may have a typo in your definition of GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT.  This should be set to 'MALI_400' (not MALI-400).  The rest looks ok.

We only currently have gator working for Mali under ICS.  We've not yet tried Jellybean but there's no reason I can think of that would prevent this from working too.

Give this a go and let us know how you get on...

Many thanks,
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I am sorry for the typo. It was actually MALI_400.
    Still for GPUs, we are getting "Chart configuration is incompatible with this capture".
    The reason of this issue is "missing source data".
    Also, I have another question.
    While building gator.ko, I provided the location of MALI drivers.
    In that location, do I have to build mali.ko also? If yes, then there must be files related to pegasus-m400 architecture which are not available there as I think our GPU may be using pegasus-m400 architecture?

Thanks again..
    With best regards,
    Yasir.
Children
No data