This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Caught exception in initialiseRelocator: & not see tracing (Mali Debug)

Hi

Such a problem, more precisely a few. I want to debug my own android game. I have two devices (armeadi-v7a, samsung tab s2 8.0 (Mali-T760, android 21) and Honor 7X(arm64-v8a, Mali-T830, android 26)  and I work with Mali Graphics Debugger (version 4.9.3 - host system OSX High Sierra 10.13.6). The problem is that on no one device working with debugging. Samsung : ( I launch as unrooted devices )  after I have done all the steps from User guide Mali debugger - When you run the application, you get the following error: 

E/libMGD: Tried to add symbol with same name: glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES
Caught exception in initialiseRelocator: Tried to add symbol with same name: glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES

And on this place stops loading. 

Honor : Everything is fixed, But, after the connection - it is there and on the idea should show on the screen - nothing happens. That is, I see a blank application screen Mali Graphics Debugger. 

That is, it does not work on any device. What is surprising. And yet, a year ago, everything worked for me owns samsung.   

Parents
  • Hello Serjey, sdjt,
    thank you for your bug report!

> E/libMGD: Tried to add symbol with same name: glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES
    > Caught exception in initialiseRelocator: Tried to add symbol with same name: glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES
    >
    I was not able to reproduce it with the device at hand, but I will look for a Samsung Galaxy Tab as soon as possible.
    Meanwhile I looked at our source code and I may have spotted a regression introduced since 4.9.2.
    If my hypothesis is correct, Mali Graphics Debugger 4.9.0 (https://developer.arm.com/products/software-development-tools/graphics-development-tools/mali-graphics-debugger/downloads) will work.
    I will try my best to find and fix the bug by the upcoming patch release and I will keep you posted.

> Honor : Everything is fixed, But, after the connection - it is there and on the idea should show on the screen - nothing happens.
    > That is, I see a blank application screen Mali Graphics Debugger. 
    >
    Could you share/attach the logcat output?
    It may shed some light on what is going on there.

Alberto

• Hello Serjey, sdjt,
    thank you for your bug report!

> E/libMGD: Tried to add symbol with same name: glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES
    > Caught exception in initialiseRelocator: Tried to add symbol with same name: glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES
    >
    I was not able to reproduce it with the device at hand, but I will look for a Samsung Galaxy Tab as soon as possible.
    Meanwhile I looked at our source code and I may have spotted a regression introduced since 4.9.2.
    If my hypothesis is correct, Mali Graphics Debugger 4.9.0 (https://developer.arm.com/products/software-development-tools/graphics-development-tools/mali-graphics-debugger/downloads) will work.
    I will try my best to find and fix the bug by the upcoming patch release and I will keep you posted.

> Honor : Everything is fixed, But, after the connection - it is there and on the idea should show on the screen - nothing happens.
    > That is, I see a blank application screen Mali Graphics Debugger. 
    >
    Could you share/attach the logcat output?
    It may shed some light on what is going on there.

Alberto

Children