This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM software avoids the kernel to be patched

Hello,

sadly ARM software avoids the kernel on my device to be patched. I'm not ablet in anyway to compile a working mali.ko kernel module to get the binaries libMali.so and libUmp.so connected to them. This means I can't patch my Linux kernel for my Android tablet.

Thanks ARM! The tablet manufacturers might have modified the sources and just closed them.

The kernel modules don't comply with GPLv2 as they should. So it's not possible to get custom ROM's on that tablet with legal investments.

Thanks ARM again for closed source even the modules, which is a really bad thing. Opensource and ARM GPU's are not complying.

Parents
  • Thanks for your time! It's really nice that you help me out. I want to use the mali kernel driver sources with the Amlogic modifications inside r1p0. I got now some variables like ump_dd_phys_block_count_get , ump_dd_reference_release , ump_dd_phsy_blocks_get and ump_dd_handle_create_from_secure_id which are missing contents. Where do I find the information to fill these variables?

I have even tried to compile ump first and then mali but it's not the problem I think.

I've now compiled the mali sources again and got errors which are maybe the relevant thing that's why mali.ko doesn't work?

I did this command: 

make modules SUBDIRS=drivers/amlogic/mali/

The errors are:

WARNING: "ump_dd_phys_block_count_get" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!
    WARNING: "ump_dd_reference_release" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!
    WARNING: "ump_dd_phys_blocks_get" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!
    WARNING: "ump_dd_handle_create_from_secure_id" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for help. It will be so nice to have this issue solved!

Regards

Johannes

• Thanks for your time! It's really nice that you help me out. I want to use the mali kernel driver sources with the Amlogic modifications inside r1p0. I got now some variables like ump_dd_phys_block_count_get , ump_dd_reference_release , ump_dd_phsy_blocks_get and ump_dd_handle_create_from_secure_id which are missing contents. Where do I find the information to fill these variables?

I have even tried to compile ump first and then mali but it's not the problem I think.

I've now compiled the mali sources again and got errors which are maybe the relevant thing that's why mali.ko doesn't work?

I did this command: 

make modules SUBDIRS=drivers/amlogic/mali/

The errors are:

WARNING: "ump_dd_phys_block_count_get" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!
    WARNING: "ump_dd_reference_release" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!
    WARNING: "ump_dd_phys_blocks_get" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!
    WARNING: "ump_dd_handle_create_from_secure_id" [drivers/amlogic/mali//mali.ko] undefined!

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for help. It will be so nice to have this issue solved!

Regards

Johannes

Children