How to fix "*** [obj/flash_board_cstartup.o] Error 2"

Hello,

I am new to ARM. Right I am trying to get up to speed with the SAM7S examples pack "at91sam7s-ek" available from the Microchip website.

When I load any project into Eclipse I get the following error After building project.

make: *** [obj/flash_board_cstartup.o] Error 2

I have checked that paths are correct and that the files are where they are supposed to be.

Is there anyone that can help me to get this running or can anyone recommend a better set of examples that actually work for the SAM7S devices.

Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the community!

Does the compiler give you anything else on the error ?

(All the lines marked with *** are interesting, and the two or three lines immediately above them)

Normally, when you get an error with an .o file, it's in the linker-phase of the build.

There are basically two phases...

1: Compiling (all .s / .S, .c, .cp and .cpp files)

2: Linking (collecting all the .o files and producing a single binary)

-The first thing you might want to check, is that there is actually a file called flash_board_cstartup.o in the 'obj' directory.

If not, it might be during compilation of the file; if that's the case, the compiler should tell you exactly what went wrong.

• Hi and welcome to the community!

Does the compiler give you anything else on the error ?

(All the lines marked with *** are interesting, and the two or three lines immediately above them)

Normally, when you get an error with an .o file, it's in the linker-phase of the build.

There are basically two phases...

1: Compiling (all .s / .S, .c, .cp and .cpp files)

2: Linking (collecting all the .o files and producing a single binary)

-The first thing you might want to check, is that there is actually a file called flash_board_cstartup.o in the 'obj' directory.

If not, it might be during compilation of the file; if that's the case, the compiler should tell you exactly what went wrong.

Children