This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

TZC-400 Memory Regions Question

Hi experts,

Based on the manual of TZC-400, we could set up at most 8 regions with different security settings.

However, I'm wondering, when a normal world(non-secure) application read or write a specific address, how does the TZC-400 decide whether the address is secure or not?

I think region 1-8 could overlap addresses with each other so I'm confused about how to decide the security of an address.

Any suggestion or discussion is welcomed.

Thank you.

Simon

Parents
  • Thank you so much ashwildingarm!

My understanding about your explanation is that all processors' NSAID outputs would be 9, is this correct?

If it is correct, can I configure the output signal of NSAID? For example, can I configure Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A57 with different number?

I want to know this because I think NSAID signals could be up to 15 while you only show the number 0-12.

Also, about the part

TZC-400 can also be configured to block Secure accesses to Non-secure regions

, there is one thing unclear for me in the TZC-400 document about secure access.

I know each region has an attribute register where I could configure the secure R/W bits, however I don't know how does the TZC-400 map one secure R/W to the related region.

Is the secure access mapping also done by the filters?

If it is done by the filters, then I'm wondering how does the TZC-400 pass one access to one of the four filters.

If it is not, then I think 2 regions might contain same address and I don't know how could we find specific region for one secure access.

Sorry I got so many questions. If there is any code about configuring TZC-400 or more documents about TZC-400 like the NSAID part you show above, please share them with me so I could check them by myself and save your time, thank you

Simon

• Thank you so much ashwildingarm!

My understanding about your explanation is that all processors' NSAID outputs would be 9, is this correct?

If it is correct, can I configure the output signal of NSAID? For example, can I configure Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A57 with different number?

I want to know this because I think NSAID signals could be up to 15 while you only show the number 0-12.

Also, about the part

TZC-400 can also be configured to block Secure accesses to Non-secure regions

, there is one thing unclear for me in the TZC-400 document about secure access.

I know each region has an attribute register where I could configure the secure R/W bits, however I don't know how does the TZC-400 map one secure R/W to the related region.

Is the secure access mapping also done by the filters?

If it is done by the filters, then I'm wondering how does the TZC-400 pass one access to one of the four filters.

If it is not, then I think 2 regions might contain same address and I don't know how could we find specific region for one secure access.

Sorry I got so many questions. If there is any code about configuring TZC-400 or more documents about TZC-400 like the NSAID part you show above, please share them with me so I could check them by myself and save your time, thank you

Simon

Children