This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Physical counter in juno board

Hey,

Reading CNTPCT and system counter in different cores results in different results. These values should be common across all the cores. Why is the difference?

Thanks,

Gowthami

Parents
  • Hi,

Based on the information provided, I don't know why. I'd expect to see the same value from all the cores too.

If you can provide some more detailed information about how you are observing this behaviour, someone might be able to suggest something. For example:

• How are you reading these values (Debugger, SW loop, etc)?
    • Exactly which System Register are you reading (Architectural name or Instruction, there are various subsets of count registers)
    • What EL (Execution Level, EL3, EL2, EL1, EL0)  and Execution State (AArch64 vs AArch32) are you reading it at?
    • What specific (different) values do you see across the cores?

Regards

MarkN.

• Hi,

Based on the information provided, I don't know why. I'd expect to see the same value from all the cores too.

If you can provide some more detailed information about how you are observing this behaviour, someone might be able to suggest something. For example:

• How are you reading these values (Debugger, SW loop, etc)?
    • Exactly which System Register are you reading (Architectural name or Instruction, there are various subsets of count registers)
    • What EL (Execution Level, EL3, EL2, EL1, EL0)  and Execution State (AArch64 vs AArch32) are you reading it at?
    • What specific (different) values do you see across the cores?

Regards

MarkN.

Children