This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enabling MMU crashes ARM Cortex A7

I am working on smp_prime code of ARM - A9. And a i want to use that code for cortex A7.

But after making changes like setting smp bit in ACTLR, Making the memory region device and non coherent- then if i enable the MMU bit from system control register. ARM cortex A7 crashes. 

Please give me answer of following questions.

1) Is there any huge bit manipulation required to use same code of A9 for A7 ?

2) What is correct way of enabling MMU ?

Parents
  • Hi,

One resource I can recommend for MMU programming is to look in the DS-5 examples/ directory and look at the file RTX5_examples.zip

This zip file has the RTX5 RTOS with supporting code for both Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A7. It has good examples of how to setup and enable the MMU and can run on the FVPs included in DS-5 so you can easily try code with both Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A7 and compare.

If you are just looking to move the smp_primes example from Cortex-A9 to Cortex-A7 I can help. Please post which compiler you are using as there are examples for Arm Compiler 5, Arm Compiler 6, and gcc and any changes you made.

Thanks,

Jason

• Hi,

One resource I can recommend for MMU programming is to look in the DS-5 examples/ directory and look at the file RTX5_examples.zip

This zip file has the RTX5 RTOS with supporting code for both Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A7. It has good examples of how to setup and enable the MMU and can run on the FVPs included in DS-5 so you can easily try code with both Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A7 and compare.

If you are just looking to move the smp_primes example from Cortex-A9 to Cortex-A7 I can help. Please post which compiler you are using as there are examples for Arm Compiler 5, Arm Compiler 6, and gcc and any changes you made.

Thanks,

Jason

Children