This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Static variables failing to initialize using libgcc/libstdc++

I am attempting to cross compile from Windows to Linux using gcc-arm-9.2-2019.12-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf. We are building with static runtime lib using -static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++. Everything builds and appears to run, however, the static variables that should be initialized to a value appear to all still be 0. I assume that the initialization of the crt isn't occurring, but I'm not sure how to fix that. We've been building this same setup on Linux directly with distro provided arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchains without issue in the past. This is our first attempt to build with this toolchain from Windows. Does anyone have experience with something similar?

Parents
  • Perhaps it would be helpful for me to post a version of the linking command. This is cleaned up version of what is being run (names are changed and a lot of .o files are removed to simplify.

arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe -O3 -DNDEBUG -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -o myapp first.cpp.o second.cpp.o -LE:/boost/stage/lib -LE:/linux/lib -Wl,-rpath,E:/dev/boost/stage/lib:E:/dev/linux/lib libLibrary.a -lboost_chrono -lboost_coroutine -lboost_context -lboost_date_time -lboost_filesystem -lboost_iostreams -lboost_program_options -lboost_regex -lboost_serialization -lboost_signals -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_wserialization -lboost_log -lcrypto -lssl -ldns_sd -lavahi-client -lavahi-common -ldbus-1 -lsystemd -llzma -lselinux -llz4 -lgcrypt -lpcre -lgpg-error -lpthread -ludev -lstdc++fs -ldl -lgpiod -lm

At the point the only thought I've had is to see if directly adding crtbegin.o and friends are needed with this setup, but as I haven't had to do that in the past, I'm really not sure what might be going on.

• Perhaps it would be helpful for me to post a version of the linking command. This is cleaned up version of what is being run (names are changed and a lot of .o files are removed to simplify.

arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe -O3 -DNDEBUG -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -o myapp first.cpp.o second.cpp.o -LE:/boost/stage/lib -LE:/linux/lib -Wl,-rpath,E:/dev/boost/stage/lib:E:/dev/linux/lib libLibrary.a -lboost_chrono -lboost_coroutine -lboost_context -lboost_date_time -lboost_filesystem -lboost_iostreams -lboost_program_options -lboost_regex -lboost_serialization -lboost_signals -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_wserialization -lboost_log -lcrypto -lssl -ldns_sd -lavahi-client -lavahi-common -ldbus-1 -lsystemd -llzma -lselinux -llz4 -lgcrypt -lpcre -lgpg-error -lpthread -ludev -lstdc++fs -ldl -lgpiod -lm

At the point the only thought I've had is to see if directly adding crtbegin.o and friends are needed with this setup, but as I haven't had to do that in the past, I'm really not sure what might be going on.

Children