This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Streamline Community Edition Mali Counters

Hi there,

I am using the Community Edition of Streamline and am connecting to an EXYNOS5422 with a ARM Mail-T628 on board.

I'm trying to view the Mali counters for the GPU, but I cannot see the option in my Streamline counter configuration. When I try to add the Mali Midgard via "Add counters from a template", it says that my target does not support them.

Can I get some information on which configs I should be turning on? I suppose I may have missed something, but I turned on :

~$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep MALI

CONFIG_MALI_MIDGARD=y

# CONFIG_MALI_TIMELINE_DISABLED is not set

CONFIG_MALI_GATOR_SUPPORT=y

# CONFIG_MALI_MIPE_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MALI_MIDGARD_DVFS=y

CONFIG_MALI_MIDGARD_ENABLE_TRACE=y

# CONFIG_MALI_DEVFREQ is not set

CONFIG_MALI_EXPERT=y

# CONFIG_MALI_DEBUG_SHADER_SPLIT_FS is not set

CONFIG_MALI_PLATFORM_FAKE=y

# CONFIG_MALI_PLATFORM_DEVICETREE is not set

CONFIG_MALI_PLATFORM_THIRDPARTY=y

CONFIG_MALI_PLATFORM_THIRDPARTY_NAME="5422"

# CONFIG_MALI_DEBUG is not set

# CONFIG_MALI_NO_MALI is not set

# CONFIG_MALI_TRACE_TIMELINE is not set

# CONFIG_MALI_SYSTEM_TRACE is not set

# CONFIG_MALI_GPU_TRACEPOINTS is not set

Should I try turning on all of the configs for Mali?

Parents
  • Hi Prateekmohan,

There can be a few reasons why you don't get any Mali counters on your device. Firstly, are you building the gator.ko with the correct options? When building the gator.ko you need to specify the following build time options.

GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT=MALI_MIDGARD DDK_DIR=".../path/to/Mali_DDK_kernel_files"

So in a typical kernel that has Mali integrated you can find your Mali_DDK_kernel_files in drivers/gpu/arm/...

For gator to work you also need to build your kernel with the option CONFIG_MALI_GATOR_SUPPORT=y from the list you wrote in your reply. None of the other configs should be important.

There is a lot of information for building gator and the Mali driver for profiling provided in the documentation for Streamline which can be found at sw/streamline/gator/README.md

If none of the suggestions above work could you give me some more information about your device:

.) The device you are using is it a development board or a production device?

.) What version of the Mali Driver are you using?

.) What version of the Linux kernel are you using?

.) If known what build options are used to build the Mali driver.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

• Hi Prateekmohan,

There can be a few reasons why you don't get any Mali counters on your device. Firstly, are you building the gator.ko with the correct options? When building the gator.ko you need to specify the following build time options.

GATOR_WITH_MALI_SUPPORT=MALI_MIDGARD DDK_DIR=".../path/to/Mali_DDK_kernel_files"

So in a typical kernel that has Mali integrated you can find your Mali_DDK_kernel_files in drivers/gpu/arm/...

For gator to work you also need to build your kernel with the option CONFIG_MALI_GATOR_SUPPORT=y from the list you wrote in your reply. None of the other configs should be important.

There is a lot of information for building gator and the Mali driver for profiling provided in the documentation for Streamline which can be found at sw/streamline/gator/README.md

If none of the suggestions above work could you give me some more information about your device:

.) The device you are using is it a development board or a production device?

.) What version of the Mali Driver are you using?

.) What version of the Linux kernel are you using?

.) If known what build options are used to build the Mali driver.

Hope this helps,

Stephen

Children