This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

fromelf tool crashing with Internal fault: [0x389329:6160001]

Hello,

I'm using ARM DS2021.0 and need to look at the generated assembly.

The fromelf.exe crashes with an internal error if I add the --interleave=source option.

The following command produces the disassembly, but without interleaved source:
fromelf.exe --cpu=Cortex-A5 --disassemble --output=disassemble.asm zImage.axf
The following command results in a internal fault:
fromelf.exe --cpu=Cortex-A5 --disassemble --interleave=source --output=disassemble.asm zImage.axf
Internal fault: [0x389329:6160001]

The following command succeeds, but the line numbers that are inserted do not match the source code:

fromelf.exe --cpu=Cortex-A5 --disassemble --interleave=line_directives --output=disassemble.asm zImage.axf

Regards,

Mark.

Parents
  • Hi Mark

In the Arm Compiler 6.16 toolchain, we are aware of a problem with "fromelf --interleave" where it can fail to handle DWARF4-format line number data.

I suspect you are hitting this problem, because DWARF4 is the default for armclang in AC6.16.  This will be fixed in the next release of the Arm Compiler toolchain, which will be version 6.17.

In the meantime, please could you try recompiling with "-gdwarf-3" instead of "-g", and let me know whether your fromelf step then succeeds?

Stephen

• Hi Mark

In the Arm Compiler 6.16 toolchain, we are aware of a problem with "fromelf --interleave" where it can fail to handle DWARF4-format line number data.

I suspect you are hitting this problem, because DWARF4 is the default for armclang in AC6.16.  This will be fixed in the next release of the Arm Compiler toolchain, which will be version 6.17.

In the meantime, please could you try recompiling with "-gdwarf-3" instead of "-g", and let me know whether your fromelf step then succeeds?

Stephen

Children