This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AXI5 Atomic transaction

In AXI5 Atomic Transaction is there a facility that we can send address or data first?

Parents
  • I suppose an exclusive access monitor doesn't really care when the write data is seen as all it cares about is comparing the write address against a stored read address, so if the write data came before the write address, this doesn't affect the exclusive access monitor operation.

It would though be an issue for the target device to resolve, not knowing what to do with the write data until it sees an address, so the target might hold WREADY low until it has received the address, or it might be able to buffer up the write data until it knows what to do with it.

The AXI protocol allows write data before write address, so I can't see how this would be an issue for the exclusive monitor logic.

Not quite sure what you mean by "is there a facility".

• I suppose an exclusive access monitor doesn't really care when the write data is seen as all it cares about is comparing the write address against a stored read address, so if the write data came before the write address, this doesn't affect the exclusive access monitor operation.

It would though be an issue for the target device to resolve, not knowing what to do with the write data until it sees an address, so the target might hold WREADY low until it has received the address, or it might be able to buffer up the write data until it knows what to do with it.

The AXI protocol allows write data before write address, so I can't see how this would be an issue for the exclusive monitor logic.

Not quite sure what you mean by "is there a facility".

Children