This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Setting Non-Secure Memory from Secure Memory on TrustZone for Armv8-m

Hello,

I have a very simple program on TrustZone enabled Cortex M33 core;
 - Start Secure & Privileged state
 - Set an SRAM Memory Region as Non-Secure using SAU
 - Set a WORD Value in Non-Secure World from Secure World (I don't switch to Non-Secure code, always running in Secure World)

But, somehow I cannot write an NS memory from Secure World.

Secure World should access both Secure & Non-Secure world, but what is the limitation here?

The below link mentions some limitations: https://developer.arm.com/documentation/100720/0200/Secure-software-guidelines?lang=en#:~:text=Non%2Dsecure%20memory%20access

- "When Secure code has to access Non-secure memory using an address that is calculated by the Non-secure state, it cannot trust that the address lies in a Non-secure memory region."

Herein, I don't know what does mean "calculated by the Non-secure state", I have set a NS region using SAU, and set by absolute address.

- "Furthermore, the Memory Protection Unit (MPU) is banked between the security states. Secure and Non-secure code might have different access rights to Non-secure memory."

MPU is not set yet.

- "The Secure code can use the TT instruction to check Non-secure memory permissions."

Ok, if TT shows I don't have permission, how to give permission, using MPU?