A popular IDE for Arm-based MCUs from various vendors to use for C++ embedded programming

Hi all,

As a C++ programmer I would like to start using it in the embedded world. For that I wish to be familiar with a popular IDE on which I can write projects for ARM-based MCUs, from different vendors, be it of ST or others, and get help when running across a problem. 

I've some titles in mind such as: IAR and Keil. What are your ideas, please?

Thanks. 

Parents
  • You need to take problems with ST's tools to the ST forum

There's solely a forum for the Keil IDE on this website out of all other IDEs!

You initially posted it in some entirely inappropriate forum

Why was it some entirely inappropriate forum?

I guess it got moved to the Keil forum as you specifically mentioned Keil, and the first reply was all about Keil.

I didn't mention Keil to be sure to pick it out, out of all other IDEs; I just said what was in mind about two IDEs and asked others to suggest one (amongst all IDEs) based on my circumstances and purposes. If it was my final choice, there wouldn't be a need to ask the question! 
    Still I can get useful replies for my question if the thread goes back to the general forum I believe. 
    Please get it back there. I'm not comfortable with this Keil forum because of the reasons I mentioned. 

Yet, I'm not completely sure what IDE to start with now. 

• You need to take problems with ST's tools to the ST forum

There's solely a forum for the Keil IDE on this website out of all other IDEs!

You initially posted it in some entirely inappropriate forum

Why was it some entirely inappropriate forum?

I guess it got moved to the Keil forum as you specifically mentioned Keil, and the first reply was all about Keil.

I didn't mention Keil to be sure to pick it out, out of all other IDEs; I just said what was in mind about two IDEs and asked others to suggest one (amongst all IDEs) based on my circumstances and purposes. If it was my final choice, there wouldn't be a need to ask the question! 
    Still I can get useful replies for my question if the thread goes back to the general forum I believe. 
    Please get it back there. I'm not comfortable with this Keil forum because of the reasons I mentioned. 

Yet, I'm not completely sure what IDE to start with now. 

Children