A popular IDE for Arm-based MCUs from various vendors to use for C++ embedded programming

Hi all,

As a C++ programmer I would like to start using it in the embedded world. For that I wish to be familiar with a popular IDE on which I can write projects for ARM-based MCUs, from different vendors, be it of ST or others, and get help when running across a problem. 

I've some titles in mind such as: IAR and Keil. What are your ideas, please?

Thanks. 

Parents
  • But we can also move it to the general "Embedded" forum.

"Yes, please do that."
    Still I'm not sure about the IDEs to select one between them. I appreciate your point of view about things that are important for me and your suggestion on Keil, but I like to hear different people's perspectives too, those who are embedded programmers and have experienced the IDEs all. That's why the Embedded forum was chosen by me first. 

I will ask my upcoming questions in the Keil forum if I choose that IDE for my purposes.

• But we can also move it to the general "Embedded" forum.

"Yes, please do that."
    Still I'm not sure about the IDEs to select one between them. I appreciate your point of view about things that are important for me and your suggestion on Keil, but I like to hear different people's perspectives too, those who are embedded programmers and have experienced the IDEs all. That's why the Embedded forum was chosen by me first. 

I will ask my upcoming questions in the Keil forum if I choose that IDE for my purposes.

Children