This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NIC-400 not support AHB-FULL?

HI There,

I asked a question about data width and protocol convertor a month ago.(AHB 32bit <-> AXI 64bit Bridge)

And someone told me that NIC-400 Network is proper. (Thank you so much:))

But, I realize that NIC-400 isn't support AHB-Full.

I want to use AHB-FULL <-> AXI Bridge.

Is there another Option???

Thank you so much. :)

Parents
  • Which features of "AHB-FULL" do you want to support through to AXI ?

The original AMBA 2 AHB protocol supported multiple sources on one bus, whereas the AMBA 3 AHB-lite protocol supported by the NIC-400 only supports a single transaction source.

AHB-lite removed the multi-source support in the original AHB, which means no HBUSREQ/HGRANT arbitration support, and no SPLIT or RETRY responses returned by targets (as these were only relevant to multi-source systems).

Other than the HBUSREQ/HGRANT and SPLIT/RETRY features removed, AHB-lite is then fully AHB compatible, so is there anything from the original AHB protocol that you needed that isn't then supported ?

• Which features of "AHB-FULL" do you want to support through to AXI ?

The original AMBA 2 AHB protocol supported multiple sources on one bus, whereas the AMBA 3 AHB-lite protocol supported by the NIC-400 only supports a single transaction source.

AHB-lite removed the multi-source support in the original AHB, which means no HBUSREQ/HGRANT arbitration support, and no SPLIT or RETRY responses returned by targets (as these were only relevant to multi-source systems).

Other than the HBUSREQ/HGRANT and SPLIT/RETRY features removed, AHB-lite is then fully AHB compatible, so is there anything from the original AHB protocol that you needed that isn't then supported ?

Children