This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android/Linux application profiling.

Dear all,

I want to dynamically profile Android/Linux user-space (and even better kernel space) applications for certain events. More specifically, I want to use the ARM hardware performance counters for collecting events such as branch mispredictions, cache hit misses, speculatively executed instructions etc..Please suggest me the best tool to use (gperf, Lttng etc...) ? Please share your experience.

Thanks so much.

Parents
  • ARM have a toolset called DS-5 (which includes a free Community Edition) which provides both a sample-based CPU profiler (so you can see where in your code you have hotpots), as well as the Streamline which is a hardware counter visualization tool for the CPU counters as well as counters from the Mali GPUs if your device has one of those. More info here:

ARM DS-5 Development Studio | ARM DS-5 Development Studio

If you want to go native and roll your own tools the CPU performance counters can be accessed via the "perf" utility.

Cheers,
    Pete

• ARM have a toolset called DS-5 (which includes a free Community Edition) which provides both a sample-based CPU profiler (so you can see where in your code you have hotpots), as well as the Streamline which is a hardware counter visualization tool for the CPU counters as well as counters from the Mali GPUs if your device has one of those. More info here:

ARM DS-5 Development Studio | ARM DS-5 Development Studio

If you want to go native and roll your own tools the CPU performance counters can be accessed via the "perf" utility.

Cheers,
    Pete

Children
No data