This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to build and port Android on TI AM335X (ARM Cortex-A8) Processor?

Hello

I want to start development on Texas Instruments AM335X (ARM Cortex-A8) processor with Android OS with SD Card Boot....how to build and compile and add features on Android OS for AM335X?

Looking for full fledged document or video or tutorial or app notes.....

Thanks...

Parents
  • Hi Hardik

For build Android, like Jérôme said, refer to TI wiki.

But, if you know how to build the Boot and Kernel image for a standard development board, the procedure for a custom board is same, but you may need to change or write code for some hardwares. For example, the Ethernet driver that used in X-board from TI, is KSZ8051, but you used DP83848 in your board. So you have to select DP83848 driver during Kernel compilation, if its available in kernel source; if not, you have to get a reliable driver and add it to kernel.

It's a little nested and complex(for me), except for a software engineer .

Portion is easy, just copy kernel image to SD, but I think the boot image must be copied to Flash memory.

Good luck

• Hi Hardik

For build Android, like Jérôme said, refer to TI wiki.

But, if you know how to build the Boot and Kernel image for a standard development board, the procedure for a custom board is same, but you may need to change or write code for some hardwares. For example, the Ethernet driver that used in X-board from TI, is KSZ8051, but you used DP83848 in your board. So you have to select DP83848 driver during Kernel compilation, if its available in kernel source; if not, you have to get a reliable driver and add it to kernel.

It's a little nested and complex(for me), except for a software engineer .

Portion is easy, just copy kernel image to SD, but I think the boot image must be copied to Flash memory.

Good luck

Children
No data