Error: L6200E: Symbol SystemInit multiply defined (by system_tm4c123.o and mazinterrupt.o).

Trying to Build some simple code, for the TI Tiva Launchpad, to teach me Interrupts and it keeps throwing up "Error: L6200E: Symbol SystemInit multiply defined (by system_tm4c123.o and mazinterrupt.o)."

I would as is my habit not have a clue what this means.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Which SystemInit function should I remove

You probably need to merge the code somehow. You need to know that the function 'SystemInit' is called from the startup code, even before 'main()' is executed. This function usually initializes the clock tree (PLL), external bus system if necessary and the like. Your small 'SystemInit' function seems to enable a coprocessor, but I cannot really read the screen shot. If you need this coprocessor, you should move this line into the function 'SystemInit' in the module system_tm4c123.c.

why and how were you able to look at this an come to such a quick and correct conclusion ? Can you teach me how to fish ?

Well, look at the error message. You see the symbol, the fact that it is defined multiple times and the name of both modules. I think this is obvious.

• Which SystemInit function should I remove

You probably need to merge the code somehow. You need to know that the function 'SystemInit' is called from the startup code, even before 'main()' is executed. This function usually initializes the clock tree (PLL), external bus system if necessary and the like. Your small 'SystemInit' function seems to enable a coprocessor, but I cannot really read the screen shot. If you need this coprocessor, you should move this line into the function 'SystemInit' in the module system_tm4c123.c.

why and how were you able to look at this an come to such a quick and correct conclusion ? Can you teach me how to fish ?

Well, look at the error message. You see the symbol, the fact that it is defined multiple times and the name of both modules. I think this is obvious.

Children