ULink Pro firmware downgrade from V1.59 to v1.58 No Ulink Device - Howto?

Dear All,

I was using Keil MDK Uvision v5.28 and my Ulink Pro firmware version was v1.58

By mistake I clicked on a Uvision v5.39 project and might have ended up upgrading my Ulink Pro firmware to v1.59.

Now with v5.28, I cannot detect the Ulink Pro and forced to update to v5.39.

I was reading a post to erase the v1.59 so that when I click on the v5.28 project and could probable downgrade the Ulink Pro firmware to v1.58.

ULINK: How to downgrade the firmware of ULINK2/ME

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ka002222/latest/

However, I get no device found. Could anyone know any other way to erase the firmware on Ulink Pro device?

This is what I get when I open debug window of Target from Uvision-5.39:

Parents
  • By mistake I clicked on a Uvision v5.39 project and might have ended up upgrading my Ulink Pro firmware to v1.59.

ULINKpro does not have firmware in a ROM/Flash, so there is no update process for the firmware of ULINKpro. Whenever you connect ULINKpro to the USB interface and you start a debug session or a Flash download, the ULINKpro firmware is downloaded into the RAM of ULINKpro. Therefore, the ULINKpro firmware always depends on the µVision ULINKpro driver, which again depends on the MDK release.

As explained above the technology in ULINKpro and ULINK2 is completely different. The tool to update the ULINK2 firmware does not fit (and is not necessary) for ULINKpro

However, I get no device found. Could anyone know any other way to erase the firmware on Ulink Pro device?

As you can see in your picture, the ULINKpro is detected correctly, but the target system is not detected. You should check the ribbon cable to the target system and the target system itself.

• By mistake I clicked on a Uvision v5.39 project and might have ended up upgrading my Ulink Pro firmware to v1.59.

ULINKpro does not have firmware in a ROM/Flash, so there is no update process for the firmware of ULINKpro. Whenever you connect ULINKpro to the USB interface and you start a debug session or a Flash download, the ULINKpro firmware is downloaded into the RAM of ULINKpro. Therefore, the ULINKpro firmware always depends on the µVision ULINKpro driver, which again depends on the MDK release.

As explained above the technology in ULINKpro and ULINK2 is completely different. The tool to update the ULINK2 firmware does not fit (and is not necessary) for ULINKpro

As you can see in your picture, the ULINKpro is detected correctly, but the target system is not detected. You should check the ribbon cable to the target system and the target system itself.

Children