This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible to use ulink2 with a DAS server?

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the use of ulink2 with DAS server [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/c/servers-storage/storage/das], and I am hoping to get some clarification on this topic. I am currently working on a project that requires the use of ulink2 for debugging and programming of an ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller.

Here are some technical details about my setup:

• I am using the Keil uVision IDE for programming and debugging.
  • The ulink2 debugger is connected to my laptop via USB.
  • The DAS server is used for communication with the microcontroller.

My question is, can I use the ulink2 debugger with the DAS server for programming and debugging the microcontroller? Or do I need to use a different debugger that is specifically designed for use with DAS server?

I have tried to search for information online, but I have not been able to find a clear answer. I would appreciate any help or suggestions on this topic.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Parents
  • what do you mean exactly by "can I use the ulink2 debugger with the DAS server for programming and debugging the microcontroller?"

DAS (Direct-Attached Storage) as shown in the link you posted above is just a storage, which provides more advanced data storage features like RAID etc. compared with a normal USB external hard disk... Does it have anything to do with your MCU or ULINK2 debugger?

Even if you are talking about NAS (network attached storage) server, instead of a DAS, it is still just a data storage, which is accessible via network. It still has nothing to do with debugging your MCU... 

• what do you mean exactly by "can I use the ulink2 debugger with the DAS server for programming and debugging the microcontroller?"

DAS (Direct-Attached Storage) as shown in the link you posted above is just a storage, which provides more advanced data storage features like RAID etc. compared with a normal USB external hard disk... Does it have anything to do with your MCU or ULINK2 debugger?

Even if you are talking about NAS (network attached storage) server, instead of a DAS, it is still just a data storage, which is accessible via network. It still has nothing to do with debugging your MCU... 

Children
No data