This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ABOV A96G166 Memory Settings

Hi,
I am using A96G166 microcontroller fron ABOV with follow memory model in diagrams given below,
The company datasheet says the chip has 

1. 16 K B on chip flash
  2. 256 bytes IRAM / 512 bytes XRAM

Q1. As the datasheet mentions that the IC has 512 bytes XRAM and 256 bytes of IRAM , do I need to check , USE ON CHIP XRAM & USE ON CHIP ROM.

Q2 - I have made following changes to Memory Model, and BL51 Locate , can anyone tell me if I have made the correct settings.

Q3 - When I use idata the error goes away, other wise following error is coming, is there any alternative to idata ?

Q4- If I am mentioning idata , is this data going to IRAM, also do I have to change any settings in Target Settings) ?

*** ERROR L107: ADDRESS SPACE OVERFLOW
SPACE: DATA
SEGMENT: ?DT?_USART_CLOCK_INITIAL?A96G166_USART

Thank and Regards

Project Settings

Program Memory Map

Data Memory Map

Parents
  • I don't know what effect filling in the "off-chip" boxes will have, but it sounds like your MCU has *on-chip* memory.

But that probably isn't your issue anyway. What does your source code look like? Are you trying to use more that 128 bytes of RAM without telling the compiler the type? (eg. xdata)

• I don't know what effect filling in the "off-chip" boxes will have, but it sounds like your MCU has *on-chip* memory.

But that probably isn't your issue anyway. What does your source code look like? Are you trying to use more that 128 bytes of RAM without telling the compiler the type? (eg. xdata)

Children
No data