This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

EFM32G222F128 and KEIL "invalid rom table" error

Hi,

I am trying to upload the an0003 bootloader (hex file) to a EFM32G222F128 via KEIL 5.36 (free version) and a ULINK2.

Here are my settings:

My guess is that there is some problem with the RAM for Algorithm part or the Connect and Reset  settings. 

I've tried changing the SWD clock but same results.

Any tips?

thanks

Parents
  • It seems that your debug connection is OK because the core of this device is detected by ULINK2 (see your screenshot). Unfortunately, I don't have this board to test a Flash download, so I can only give you some general hints:

• Did you really select the device EFM32G222F128 in your project? This information is needed for special reset and boot handling for the debugger.
    • Our default 'Connect & Reset Options' in the dialog 'Options For Target - Debug - Settings' is:
      Connect: Normal
      Reset: Autodetect
      Reset after Connect: Checked
      Stop after Reset: Not checked

You wrote: "My guess is that there is some problem with the RAM for Algorithm part"

No, I don't think so. This would be a different error message. uVision / ULINK2 tries to read the ROM Table of a device at the beginning of a debug session or Flash download. This ROM Table tells a debugger which debug features are present in the CoreSight implementation of this chip. These are standard memory read accesses and they obviously fail.
    The default 'Size' for the memory algorithm for this device is 0x00001000. In your picture, I see 0x00000800. You may want to change this and try again.

• It seems that your debug connection is OK because the core of this device is detected by ULINK2 (see your screenshot). Unfortunately, I don't have this board to test a Flash download, so I can only give you some general hints:

• Did you really select the device EFM32G222F128 in your project? This information is needed for special reset and boot handling for the debugger.
    • Our default 'Connect & Reset Options' in the dialog 'Options For Target - Debug - Settings' is:
      Connect: Normal
      Reset: Autodetect
      Reset after Connect: Checked
      Stop after Reset: Not checked

You wrote: "My guess is that there is some problem with the RAM for Algorithm part"

No, I don't think so. This would be a different error message. uVision / ULINK2 tries to read the ROM Table of a device at the beginning of a debug session or Flash download. This ROM Table tells a debugger which debug features are present in the CoreSight implementation of this chip. These are standard memory read accesses and they obviously fail.
    The default 'Size' for the memory algorithm for this device is 0x00001000. In your picture, I see 0x00000800. You may want to change this and try again.

Children
No data