This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

what about the difference between RxHalfCplt and RxCplt in UART

MCU:STM32F0Discovery board

Tools:STM32CubeMX+Keil5.30

Test condition: PC_SerialComm tools & FT232 chip board

After trying the HAL_UART_RxHalfCpltCallback Function, I  find that this function couldn`t be used in the normal transmit in UART_Comm.

And would you tell me which condition I can use this function, just in single wire mode or the others?

Parents
  • It is a DMA related receive function, not related to transmits you have in flight or might want to start.

The DMA can interrupt at two points, when it is half way through your buffer, or all the way through. Remember the location and size of your buffer to be able to recover/use the data received so far.

Track if you have a output task (IT or DMA) pending for transmitting.

Call backs are entered in interrupt context, you can't use functions that poll or block

• It is a DMA related receive function, not related to transmits you have in flight or might want to start.

The DMA can interrupt at two points, when it is half way through your buffer, or all the way through. Remember the location and size of your buffer to be able to recover/use the data received so far.

Track if you have a output task (IT or DMA) pending for transmitting.

Call backs are entered in interrupt context, you can't use functions that poll or block

Children
No data