This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil uVision V5.18.0.0 Freezes after various operations for a long time

I am using uVision V5.18.0.0 running under Windows 10, building code for various STM32F parts.

My problem is that the IDE stops responding at various places for a long time, sometimes over 5 minutes, occasionally over 10, but eventually recovers.

This happens mostly at the completion of a build, occasionally on entering a debug session and occasionally when leaving a debug session.

While it isn't responding, a quick look at the Windows task manager shows the IDE is still consuming processor time, around 20%, and using a lot of memory, anything up to 2 GB!

It is becoming an issue that I have to wait for so long after running a build, and I would really appreciate a fix to this problem.

Parents
  • This client is particularly driven by the IT department

So get the IT department to help!

It is holding the project back

That's something you need to flag to project management!

when I started working on this project the issue wasn't there

So if you pull a version of the project from back then - does it have the problem now?

If you have (or your client has) a licence, you should contact Keil support direct.

• This client is particularly driven by the IT department

So get the IT department to help!

It is holding the project back

That's something you need to flag to project management!

when I started working on this project the issue wasn't there

So if you pull a version of the project from back then - does it have the problem now?

If you have (or your client has) a licence, you should contact Keil support direct.

Children
No data