This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Errors while trying downloading code

Hello, I'm trying to download a simple code on the STM32L151CCU6 and I'm taking errors like:

No Algorithm found for: 08000000H - 08001393H
Erase skipped!
Error: Flash Download failed  -  "Cortex-M3"
Flash Load finished at 17:45:40
Load "Test_1.2\\Test_1.2"
Error: Flash Download failed  -  Target DLL has been cancelled
Flash Load finished at 17:46:18
Erase skipped!
Flash Load finished at 17:46:20
Erase skipped!
Flash Load finished at 17:46:25
Error: Flash Download failed  -  Target DLL has been cancelled
Flash Load finished at 17:53:34
Erase skipped!
Flash Load finished at 17:54:19

About the Algorithm I added "STM32L1xx 256k" and just changed the start address (0x40000000) and size (0x0800) and that seemed to take the error away.
But still I'm having the error of "Flash Download failed  -  "Cortex-M3"" and some times times "Error: Flash Download failed  -  Target DLL has been cancelled".

Does anybody know what I can do? I have tried things from searching on google but until now nothing worked.

Parents
  • Hello Emmanuel,

I assume you are using:
    - MDK-ARM v5.25 with ARMCC compiler v5
    - The STM32L1 Device family pack in a RTE environment
    - A project file with a *.uvprojx extension
    - A ST-LINK to program your device
    - That you get these errors when you select Flash->Download in the Keil IDE

We don't have a pack example for the STM32L151, but we do have one for the STM32L152. You could check your project settings against those to make sure you have everything configured correct.

To see such an example,

- open
    c:\Keil_v5\UV4\PackInstaller.exe

- On the top left, in the search box, type "STM32L1" - the part list below it gets filtered.
    - Click on "STM32L1 Series" in the list
    - On the top right of the screen, click on the yellow "Examples" tab.
    - To the right of the "Blinky(SM32L-Discovery)" click the "Copy" button (or install if you have not installed the pack) - a dialog appears
    - Check both the boxes, and press enter - The Blinky(SM32L-Discovery) project opens

This device uses the 128k flash programming algorithm, instead of the 256k, but the ST-LINK settings are all correct.

You should be able to see the ST-LINK device info if you go to Project-> Options for Target->"Debug" tab, and then on the top right, click the "Settings" button.

- If not, check your driver settings.
    - If you can see the ST-LINK but not the device, check your boot0 and boot1 pins, to make sure you are booting to the correct flash memory. Otherwise you might by in system memory, and the bootloader in there could be running. See the STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode AN2606 for details.
    - If you once flashed this board, but now can't try holding the chip in reset and flash do a full chip erase. This will clear any OTP settings, and blow away any malfunctioning code.

More trouble shooting links here:

http://www.keil.com/forum/63376/

=======

I looked in http://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts/st/stm32l1xx/cd00277537.pdf

In your post you said you changed the start address and size. Was that under Project-> Options for Target->"Debug" tab, and then on the top right, click the "Settings" button, then the "Flash Download" dialog?
    Were changing the values in the "RAM for Algorithm" box on the top right, or in the Programming Algorithm in the middle of the screen?

It looks like the default flash bank starts at 0x8000 0000. with a size of 0x00040000. The Ram for Algorithm should start at 0x20000000.

===

• Hello Emmanuel,

I assume you are using:
    - MDK-ARM v5.25 with ARMCC compiler v5
    - The STM32L1 Device family pack in a RTE environment
    - A project file with a *.uvprojx extension
    - A ST-LINK to program your device
    - That you get these errors when you select Flash->Download in the Keil IDE

We don't have a pack example for the STM32L151, but we do have one for the STM32L152. You could check your project settings against those to make sure you have everything configured correct.

To see such an example,

- open
    c:\Keil_v5\UV4\PackInstaller.exe

- On the top left, in the search box, type "STM32L1" - the part list below it gets filtered.
    - Click on "STM32L1 Series" in the list
    - On the top right of the screen, click on the yellow "Examples" tab.
    - To the right of the "Blinky(SM32L-Discovery)" click the "Copy" button (or install if you have not installed the pack) - a dialog appears
    - Check both the boxes, and press enter - The Blinky(SM32L-Discovery) project opens

This device uses the 128k flash programming algorithm, instead of the 256k, but the ST-LINK settings are all correct.

You should be able to see the ST-LINK device info if you go to Project-> Options for Target->"Debug" tab, and then on the top right, click the "Settings" button.

- If not, check your driver settings.
    - If you can see the ST-LINK but not the device, check your boot0 and boot1 pins, to make sure you are booting to the correct flash memory. Otherwise you might by in system memory, and the bootloader in there could be running. See the STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode AN2606 for details.
    - If you once flashed this board, but now can't try holding the chip in reset and flash do a full chip erase. This will clear any OTP settings, and blow away any malfunctioning code.

More trouble shooting links here:

http://www.keil.com/forum/63376/

=======

I looked in http://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts/st/stm32l1xx/cd00277537.pdf

In your post you said you changed the start address and size. Was that under Project-> Options for Target->"Debug" tab, and then on the top right, click the "Settings" button, then the "Flash Download" dialog?
    Were changing the values in the "RAM for Algorithm" box on the top right, or in the Programming Algorithm in the middle of the screen?

It looks like the default flash bank starts at 0x8000 0000. with a size of 0x00040000. The Ram for Algorithm should start at 0x20000000.

===

Children
No data