This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Two MSC devices on single USB

I would like to create composite device with two MSC devices using Middleware 7.30 on STM3F4 chip. I have configured everything (already did several projects, so I am familiar with run-time configuration manager) but when attached, I can only see first MSC device (#0). In debugger, I can see both MSC tasks started, though - so it seems that device descriptors are not created correctly (only for single MSC device - not composite one). So, I am not sure if succh possibility exists in the first place? I know I can create composite device with different devices (eg. MSC and CDC - used it in the past), but this one is somewhat specific.

Parents
  • Hi Dejan,

I have just tried that with latest MW, and it works correctly.
    Most likely the problem is that you already had a device with same PID and VID installed on your Windows machine (most likely original example with single MSC).
    You should uninstall that USB device from Windows and then reconnect the device.

BTW, more naturally this is done by using mass storage device with multiple Logical Units (LUN) which is supported in latest MW release.

Best regards, Milorad

• Hi Dejan,

I have just tried that with latest MW, and it works correctly.
    Most likely the problem is that you already had a device with same PID and VID installed on your Windows machine (most likely original example with single MSC).
    You should uninstall that USB device from Windows and then reconnect the device.

BTW, more naturally this is done by using mass storage device with multiple Logical Units (LUN) which is supported in latest MW release.

Best regards, Milorad

Children