This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Question about project targets

Hello
I need advice on how to organize my project. Actually
- a production PCB using STM32F030x6 is under construction (samples will arrive in a couple of weeks)
- a discovery board using SRM32F030x8
I mention the STM32 MCU just for make things simpler but my question apply to keil IDE in general
I am designing with discovery eval board, waiting for the production unit
I have two targets in my Keil uVision projects
<pname> with STM32F030x6 target defined and the startup asm file for F030x6
<pname>_debug with STM32F030x8 target defined and the startup asm file for F030x8
both are managed by two ioc files used for generating the low level infrastructure (CMISI, HAL etc.)
Is that the correct way to proceed? I'd like to share the same application part of the projects (basically the MCU-independent code) but I cannot find a way. any suggestion?
I would like to see in my project the green square (similar to CMSIS) which highligh BSPs for my design and discovery
A major issue is that I cannot have target with different source file: I need these targets doiffers JUST for the startup_stm32f030x6.s / x8.s which I see cannot bee done: please suggest how to handle this without create two nearly identical uvprojects

hanks much

• Add the 2 startup*.s files to your single project.

While in 1 target, right click the startup*.s file that you do not want to use. Select options. Uncheck Include in Target Build.

Do the same thing for Target 2 (and 3 and 4 and 5)

Even though all files added to the project will always be seen, each target keeps track of what you have selected to build for that target..