This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My SAM7X-EK program doesn't start (or ...)

Hi.

My SAM7X-EK tools (KEIL-uV4 with ULINK2 and SAM7X-EK board) doesn't work properly anymore:
I LOAD my new software via Keil/ULINK2 OK ("Erase Done", "Programming Done", "Verify OK"). But when I enter Debug Session (the "d-icon" from Keil uV4), it seems like the CPU is automatically started (or maybe not started at all?). Because, immediately after entering Debug Session:
The RST-icon (RESET) is shaded, the Run(F5) icon is shaded, but the STOP-icon (red circle w/white "X") is highlighted...

I then push the STOP-icon and set a breakpoint at "main()".
I then push RST-icon(RESET) and Run(F5), but the code never enters/breaks (stops at) main().

Does anyone have a clue what's wrong with my development tools?
Could it be a HW-failure on the SAM7X-EK board or within the ULIK2 (or simply a setting)?
Does anyone have the same experience?

I really hope someone could assist me on how to proceed with this problem.

Best regards
Terje Bohler

Parents
  • After more investigations I now see what's happening:
    After LOADing the program and entering Debug Session (the red "d-icon"), I took a look at the Registers ("View" + "Registers Windows"). What I see is that R15(PC) is set to 0x00000000. So when I Run(F5) my program (either manually by pushing the Run(F5), or automatically if the "Run from main()" is selected in the Debug-option for my Target system) it starts executing from PC=0 (an not 0x100000 where my program is).

My solution/cure:
    After entering Debug Session:
    1) Stop the program if it runs (by pushing the red STOP-icon)
    2) Modify the contents of the R15(PC) register to 0x100000
    3) Push Run(F5) and the program start OK.
    NOTE: DO not push RST-icon before Run(F5) because the R15(PC) will be zeroed again ...

But, I guess this strange behavior is due to some wrong Keil uV4 configuration/settings ?
    I would really appreciate further comments to this issue.

Best Regards
    Terje Bohler

• After more investigations I now see what's happening:
    After LOADing the program and entering Debug Session (the red "d-icon"), I took a look at the Registers ("View" + "Registers Windows"). What I see is that R15(PC) is set to 0x00000000. So when I Run(F5) my program (either manually by pushing the Run(F5), or automatically if the "Run from main()" is selected in the Debug-option for my Target system) it starts executing from PC=0 (an not 0x100000 where my program is).

My solution/cure:
    After entering Debug Session:
    1) Stop the program if it runs (by pushing the red STOP-icon)
    2) Modify the contents of the R15(PC) register to 0x100000
    3) Push Run(F5) and the program start OK.
    NOTE: DO not push RST-icon before Run(F5) because the R15(PC) will be zeroed again ...

But, I guess this strange behavior is due to some wrong Keil uV4 configuration/settings ?
    I would really appreciate further comments to this issue.

Best Regards
    Terje Bohler

Children