This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connection to 3G using PPP (RL-TCPNet)

Hello
I'm using STM32F407 with RL-TCPNet. My taks is connect 3G modem ( Telit, UL-865) to my device.
RL stack is working fine when PC connect to my device using PPP connection ( PC-Client, device-Server)

Now, i tried connect 3G modem to my device. After command to modem "ATD*99***1#" modem send back "CONNECT" and start LCP packages. The RL-TCPNet stack is not response and after 5-6 tries modem is send "NO CARRIER".
Before send command "ATD*99***1#" i'm setting the stack using next lines
ppp_listen ("Keil","");
SendToPPPStack ("CLIENT");
When i'm listening the UART communication i can see answer from stack "CLIENTSERVER".

I found that i need to establish PPP connection first before open TCP sockets. Could it be reason for the troubles with connections?
Have somebody an example to work with 3G modem using PPP connection?

Regards,
Sergiy

Parents
  • [SOLVED]
    Five points to start work with PPP in RL-TCPNet:
    1. Connect your modem to PC using PPP connection. You will check is APN right ( or it will work APN which you are using), will modem support PPP, that SIM is not blocked e.t.c.
    2. I fyou take Demo from Keil, you need to make buffer bigger than 256. I'm using 1600.
    3. Demo has two buffers to receive&Send. I add another one to receive init data from modem to separate commands and PPP packets. I found that Keil TCP stack does not like to see in his buffer "ATD*99***1#" or "CONNECT".
    4. Be careful with USART IRQ, be sure that is not conflicting with RTOS if you are using one. Demo was made for different uControllers. Test for yours one.
    5. To start PPP connection I'm using: ppp_connect ( "","","" );os_dly_wait ( 500 );SendToPPPStack ("CLIENTSERVER"); - Even if modem is starting communication after "ATD*99***1#" command himself.

Regards,
    Sergiy

• [SOLVED]
    Five points to start work with PPP in RL-TCPNet:
    1. Connect your modem to PC using PPP connection. You will check is APN right ( or it will work APN which you are using), will modem support PPP, that SIM is not blocked e.t.c.
    2. I fyou take Demo from Keil, you need to make buffer bigger than 256. I'm using 1600.
    3. Demo has two buffers to receive&Send. I add another one to receive init data from modem to separate commands and PPP packets. I found that Keil TCP stack does not like to see in his buffer "ATD*99***1#" or "CONNECT".
    4. Be careful with USART IRQ, be sure that is not conflicting with RTOS if you are using one. Demo was made for different uControllers. Test for yours one.
    5. To start PPP connection I'm using: ppp_connect ( "","","" );os_dly_wait ( 500 );SendToPPPStack ("CLIENTSERVER"); - Even if modem is starting communication after "ATD*99***1#" command himself.

Regards,
    Sergiy

Children