This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

NUCLEO-STM32F411RE board support

Hello everyone,

I know the NUCLEO STM32F401RE and F411RE are very similar, but the F411 runs faster, has more RAM ans a few other differences. Am I missing something, or is there just NO support for THIS board?

Thanks,
Duane

Parents
  • Hello Duane,

you should avoid the stm32f411!. I used both stm32f401re and stm32f411re based on the nucleo development boards and the Mbed online compiler.
    A program that works fine with the stm32f401 may not work as expected with the stm32f411 although the code is strictly the same and the pin's assignemnts are identical!!.
    The programs which cause the problem never use a specific feature of this µcontrollers, no usage is made for example of the controller's speed(84MHz vs 120Mhz)!.
    I suppose stm32f411 has some bugs or the Mbed compiler has some bugs regarding this µcontroller.
    Regards,
    TONDE Noufou
    Burkina Faso

• Hello Duane,

you should avoid the stm32f411!. I used both stm32f401re and stm32f411re based on the nucleo development boards and the Mbed online compiler.
    A program that works fine with the stm32f401 may not work as expected with the stm32f411 although the code is strictly the same and the pin's assignemnts are identical!!.
    The programs which cause the problem never use a specific feature of this µcontrollers, no usage is made for example of the controller's speed(84MHz vs 120Mhz)!.
    I suppose stm32f411 has some bugs or the Mbed compiler has some bugs regarding this µcontroller.
    Regards,
    TONDE Noufou
    Burkina Faso

Children