This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OS_ERR_FIFO_OVF when CAN data received

Hi everybody

I use SAM7x512 and RL-ARM OS.
here, OS has 7 tasks and one of them is for CAN receiver. OS_TICK is 1000 and OS_STKSIZE is 1024. and 500000 is my CAN baudrate(my board is just receiver and transmitter is a KVASER PCI CAN Interface).

speed of data transmission is my problem.

when for example transmitter side of CAN bus send a packet per 10ms or more there is know any problem but when I try to increase the speed after some packet (about 200 messages or more) I will get OS_ERR_FIFO_OVF in os_error function. but when I disable the CAN task all other task are working as well.

note: When the system is getting crash and doesn't do any tasks but it's not in os_error function in debug mode with ulink2 sometimes task of CAN in "RTX task and system" -> "stack load" shows "under flow" and after that it calls os_error (in usual states it's about 3% of stack usage)

I tried such works:

1. increase OS_STKSIZE
2. increase OS_FIFOSZ
3. increase CAN_No_ReceiveObjects
4. chaning the OS_TICK

but nothing happened

Does anyone know what I should do?

Parents
  • Hi
    there is nobody to help me!!! such a good forum!!!

I found somethings else but the problem still exist.

in my project I used Ethernet TCP too.

sometimes before the system get crashed, OS is alive but doesn't do any tasks and when I paused ulink2 to debug, I found it the program involved between CAN IRQ and Ethernet IRQ service routine and never get out of there until WDT restart the system.

I thought I have to use nesting interrupt method. but I don't know how because I found two method to cop such a thing

1. using the method which is mentioned here: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2910.htm (IENABLE and IDESABLE)

2. using the method which is mentioned in RL-ARM_gs.pdf something like this (page 30):

void Task3 (void) {
    while (1) {
    os_evt_wait_or (0x0001, 0xffff); // Wait until ISR triggers an event
    … // Handle the interrupt
    } // Loop and go back to sleep
    }

void IRQ_Handler (void) __irq {
    isr_evt_set (0x0001, tsk3); // Signal Task 3 with an event
    EXTINT = 0x00000002; // Clear the peripheral interrupt flag
    VICVectAddr = 0x00000000; // Signal end of interrupt to the VIC
    }

I've used both
    but the problem is still exist.

please help me

thanks

• Hi
    there is nobody to help me!!! such a good forum!!!

I found somethings else but the problem still exist.

in my project I used Ethernet TCP too.

sometimes before the system get crashed, OS is alive but doesn't do any tasks and when I paused ulink2 to debug, I found it the program involved between CAN IRQ and Ethernet IRQ service routine and never get out of there until WDT restart the system.

I thought I have to use nesting interrupt method. but I don't know how because I found two method to cop such a thing

1. using the method which is mentioned here: http://www.keil.com/support/docs/2910.htm (IENABLE and IDESABLE)

2. using the method which is mentioned in RL-ARM_gs.pdf something like this (page 30):

void Task3 (void) {
    while (1) {
    os_evt_wait_or (0x0001, 0xffff); // Wait until ISR triggers an event
    … // Handle the interrupt
    } // Loop and go back to sleep
    }

void IRQ_Handler (void) __irq {
    isr_evt_set (0x0001, tsk3); // Signal Task 3 with an event
    EXTINT = 0x00000002; // Clear the peripheral interrupt flag
    VICVectAddr = 0x00000000; // Signal end of interrupt to the VIC
    }

I've used both