This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Re: Color TFT programming

Recently i had purchased a graphics Color TFT lcd with Touch screen from Taiwan. I m not sure abt the manufacturer of the lcd. The size is 5.7" with 640x480 resolution and 4- wire resistance interface for TSCR.

The LCD module is having Source and Gate Driver IC namely HX8250A and HX8678A. The output of the module has 18-bit parallel TTL interface(Red - R0 to R5, Green - G0 to G5, Blue - B0 to B5).Along with this HSYNC,VSYNC, DE,CLK are also present.

But i m not sure how to write a application program for the lcd module. As i dont have any datasheet of the LCD module i m not quite sure where should i start from and how to write the program for this?

Anybody can suggest in this??

Parents
  • Since you selected C166 as architecture when posting, I'm assuming you are going to use an MCU from the C166 or XC166 family. If that's the case, you are going to need a graphics controller between the MCU and the LCD.
    I have used S1D13A05 from Epson. It has display buffer RAM on-chip. Since it only has 256K bytes, it will be able to support 4bpp colour depth at 640x480 resolution. It's a nicely intergrated chip that's easy to use and it has some 2D acceleration functions. Start your search there and see if you can find something that suits you.
    Getting the interfaces MCU<->GPU and GPU<->LCD right does require some skill. Do read the manuals carefully.

• Since you selected C166 as architecture when posting, I'm assuming you are going to use an MCU from the C166 or XC166 family. If that's the case, you are going to need a graphics controller between the MCU and the LCD.
    I have used S1D13A05 from Epson. It has display buffer RAM on-chip. Since it only has 256K bytes, it will be able to support 4bpp colour depth at 640x480 resolution. It's a nicely intergrated chip that's easy to use and it has some 2D acceleration functions. Start your search there and see if you can find something that suits you.
    Getting the interfaces MCU<->GPU and GPU<->LCD right does require some skill. Do read the manuals carefully.

Children
No data